You'll learn about:
- Green building principles and practices
- Energy and water efficiency
- Integrated pest management
- Indoor air quality
- Green operations and maintenance
- Green site landscaping, xeriscape, Composting, etc.
- Green building systems
- Alternative energy sources (solar, wind, geothermal, combined heat and power, co-generation)
- Energy Star (including indoor and outdoor lighting) and WaterSense programs
- Recycling and waste reduction
- Resident green education
In addition a minimum of 4 hours of continuing education in any of the above 12 topics is required to renew CGPM.
Requirements (as stated by the HUD Office of Affordable Preservation)
- Onsite managers, maintenance staff and supervisors of frontline staff certified in green building principles and practices. This requirement can be met by completing a total of 16 hours of training in a variety of green building topics.
- Within six months after the Mark-to-Market (M2M) Green Initiative closing, the property owner must provide evidence to OAHP that an individual in property management (onsite staff, onsite lead maintenance person, or their direct supervisor) has completed a minimum of 16 hours of training in the required topics and from an accepted provider.
- Minimum total of four hours per year of continuing education in any of the above 12 topics is required to renew the Credential for Green Property Management.
Enroll in the Program
Apply by downloading the CGPM application. Then send completed application to:
400 N. Columbus St., Suite 203
Alexandria, VA 22314
Accepted Green Property Management Training Providers
- National Affordable Housing Management Association (NAHMA) and its affiliated AHMAs www.nahma.org
- National Apartment Association (NAA) and its affiliated associations www.naahq.org
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Delaware www.abcdelaware.com
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) www.aia.org
- Association for Energy Affordability (AEA); www.aeanyc.org
- Barry Weaver Consulting www.barryweaverconsulting.com
- Build It Green; www.builditgreen.org
- Building Education Center; www.bldgeductr.org
- Building Performance Institute; www.bpi.org
- Community Housing Partners; www.communityhousingpartners.org
- Daylighting Collaborative; www.daylighting.org
- Elias Global Solutions www.eliasglobalsolutions.com
- Enterprise Community Partners www.enterprisecommunity.org
- Global Green www.globalgreen.org
- Green Advantage www.greenadvantage.org
- Institute for Professional and Executive Development www.ipedinc.net
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM®) www.irem.org
- National Center for Healthy Housing www.healthyhomestraining.org
- NeighborWorks www.nw.org
- Northwest Energy Efficiency Council (NEEC) www.neec.org
- Southface www.southface.org
- U.S. Green Building Council www.gbci.org
For more details on the CGPM program, please contact Brenda Moser at 703-683-8630.