NAA and NAAEI recognize the very best individuals, companies and organizations in the rental housing industry with four distinct awards.
NAA Excellence Awards
The NAA Excellence Awards honor the builders, industry professionals and affiliated apartment associations who make unique contributions to our industry. Each winner will demonstrate characteristics that benchmark success in one of seven different categories.
All winners are recognized during Apartmentalize. They are also featured in the September issue of units magazine.
See the full list of categories, submission deadline, requirements and fill out an entry form.
NAA Government Affairs' Advocacy365 Advocate of the Year Award
“If you don't get involved in issues that affect you, then you have no right to complain." -- Malcolm Bennett, 2014 AIMS Grassroots Advocate of the Year
NAA Government Affairs will recognize the U.S. rental housing industry’s top advocate this fall. All those that are actively affilated with NAA and the rental housing industry are eligible to win this major award which honors one individual's outstanding contributions to industry advocacy at the local, state and national levels.
Whether by meeting with your elected officials, sending a letter or making a phone call to your members of Congress, grassroots advocacy is vital to NAA’s political efforts.
The Advocacy365 Advocate of the Year will be announced at the Assembly of Delegates meeting in November and the winner featured in a subsequent issue of units Magazine.
- Attend the NAA Capitol Conference
- Participate in Lobby Day
- Attend two of the following: town hall meeting, tele-town hall meeting, meet with your members of Congress during a constituent work week or the August congressional recess, or conduct a property tour with your members of Congress
- Take action on a legislative action alert by conducting a business call, or sending an email, letter or fax to your representative or senator
- Attend two of the following: a city council, county board of supervisors or state legislature committee meeting
- Participate in a State Legislative Day event; take action on a local or state issue by calling or sending an email, letter or fax to your city or county councilman or state legislator
Above and Beyond Criteria:
- Recruit two industry members to Lobby Day meetings or during a constituent work week or August congressional recess
- Author a published op-ed or letter to the editor on a local, state or federal industry issue
- Speak on behalf of the industry at a town hall meeting or local meeting.
To request a nomination form, contact Peter Fromknecht or call 703-797-0618. Entry must be received by October 2, 2017.
Lifetime Achievement Award
The NAA Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes the contributions of our Supplier Partners and our Association Executives for their "long-term history of exemplary national service and accomplishments to the National Apartment Association and the rental housing industry. The criteria for nominations are exemplary service to NAA and the rental housing industry overall, above and beyond that of the normal member volunteer: length of time in the industry is not a determining factor but is a consideration.
NAA Hall of Fame
The NAA Hall of Fame recognizes owner/managers from the rental housing industry for their long-term history of exemplary national service and accomplishments to the National Apartment Association and the rental housing industry.
Nominate an outstanding member. Please submit the completed application along with a brief summary outlining the contributions your nominee has made.
For more information or questions, please contact Judy Reynolds.