You'll learn about:
- Processing work orders correctly in a timely fashion, and to residents' satisfaction
- Electrical services and repairs
- HVAC services and repairs
- Painting services
- Construction services and repairs
- Mechanical services and repairs
- Appliance services and repairs
- Lock and key services and repairs
- Customer service and performing maintenance tasks according to company policy and procedures
- Minimizing personal and property damage while safely performing maintenance activities
- Fair housing regulation compliance
- Environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance
- Reporting and documentation of maintenance activities in compliance with company policy and regulation
- Curb appeal, property inspection, and daily maintenance
- Established procedures for maintaining recreational facilities and common areas
- Implementation of a preventive maintenance schedule
- Repair and replacement decisions
- Professional behavior patterns, communication skills, and appearance
- Clear and respectful communication with residents, team members, and contractors.
To obtain the CAMT credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of 12 months of apartment or rental housing maintenance experience. (This can be obtained while taking the course, you will receive a provisional certificate until this requirement is met.)
- Successful completion of all CAMT coursework
- Pass the examination
Choose Your Program
Courses may be taken as standalone seminars or in full to earn the industry credential. NAAEI credential programs are scheduled by local and state affiliates.
Find and register a course at your local and state affiliate.
Don't Forget to Claim Your Digital Badge!
Once you have earned the CAMT credential, you will receive an email from ProExam Vault with an invitation to claim your Digital Badge, which allows you to market yourself as an apartment professional with valuable skills.
Strengthen Your Maintenance Technician Careers
NAAEI also provides online CAMT+E micro-credential that focuses on developing your energy efficiency abilities; and the CAMT+L micro-credential that concentrates on developing supervisory and leadership skills.
Earning your CAMT credential gives you special membership in the Apartment Institute for Maintenance Excellence (AIME)
As a member of AIME, you will be acknowledged as a leader in the field of Apartment Maintenance and can prove that you are tuned into the most up to date information on industry regulations and other changing standards. You will also have the opportunity to take advantage of maintenance training designed specifically for CAMT credential holders.
The AIME membership requires annual renewal based on the anniversary date of completion. Submission of both annual AIME membership dues of $50 and documentation of five hours of continuing education credit should be submitted to complete the annual AIME membership renewal.