Looking for Covid-19 Webinars? Find out more.
- NAA's Monthly Advocacy and Legal Update
Join us for a new webinar series for National Apartment Association members and affiliate partners: NAA's Monthly Advocacy and Legal Update (formerly the Legislative and Regulatory Call). This webinar takes place on the third Wednesday of each month at 3:30 pm E.T.
- DE&I Week: See My Story: Leading in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion through Accessibility, Authenticity and Vulnerability
Join our panel of rental housing experts as they explain how to provide productive and secure spaces to share stories about impactful experiences that help to shape your professional outlook.
- Fighting Fraud—Property Management Edition
Grasping the shocking prevalence and dimensions of rental housing fraud requires a strategic risk assessment of your property or portfolio. Join us as we learn more about the surprisingly ubiquitous tools and intricate tactics used by fraudsters and the tools available for fraud prevention and financial protection.
- Beyond Rent Control: Housing Affordability Advocacy & Other Alternatives
With the increase in housing costs, the concept of rent control is growing in public appeal. However, research has proven that rent control, rent stabilization or anti-price gouging protections harm local communities by discouraging investment and depleting resources. Join our legal and research experts as we discuss your advocacy and legal options to help overcome the rent control myth and learn about NAA’s growing library of research and resources.
- F.T.C. and Reputation Management for Your Everyday Marketing
Reputation is your legacy, so proper management and marketing strategy is key. Join us and our industry’s legal expert as we explore recent revisions to F.T.C. guidelines, proposed rules and best practices for apartment marketing and advertising.
- Getting Noticed: 20 in their Twenties’ Insights for Your Career
Carving out a professional path can be very challenging, but certain programs can help you create the career you desire. Join our group of alumni to gain their insights, tips and tricks for crafting a standout 20 in their Twenties Application and how to make the most of this industry recognition.
- DE&I Week: The Taming of the Toxic Workplace Culture
Join our panel of inclusion experts as we map out how to identify and call-out the key traits of toxic workplace culture through real-life accounts and how to construct practical approaches to proactively nurture inclusivity and apply intersectional insights.
- Charging Ahead: Accelerating Electric Vehicle Adoption
This webinar is hosted by the U.S. Dept. of Energy. Join their Renewables Integration Technology Research Team and Better Buildings partners to explore the game-changing potential of EV adoption into existing infrastructure through demonstrated best practices.
- DE&I Week: Beyond a Title Change — The True “Ask” of DE&I Leaders
Join us to explore what it takes to genuinely support DE&I in the rental housing industry, consider the impact on DE&I leaders once their appointed and learn how to help them and your DE&I program thrive.
- DE&I Week: Expand Your Markets with Accessibility
Join our panel for a discussion about the best ways to leverage accessibility and inclusion as competitive advantages.
- DE&I Week: An Affiliate Framework for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Join our panel of affiliate leaders as they provide first-hand accounts of their hurdles, how to reach your goals through creative strategies and how to maintain, fund and assess your DE&I program.
- Landlord Tenant Subrogation
Join us to learn more about landlord tenant subrogation, including recognizing situations where prompt action can lead to maximum recovery.
- Mental Health First Aid at Work Executive Overview
Handling mental health challenges in the workplace can require the same attention as a serious cut on your finger. Let’s explore how Mental Health First Aide (MHFA) at Work Training Solutions can align with your current and future wellness initiatives—fostering resilience and understanding throughout your organization.
- The Grass is Always Greener: Best Practices for Water-Efficient Landscaping
This webinar is hosted by the U.S. Dept. of Energy. Join to learn how sustainable landscaping strategies can reduce water bills and create a more resilient environment.
- Finding Your Niche in Rental Housing: Supplier Edition
Join our panel of supplier experts as they share their experiences, insightful strategies and practical tips to help you create a prosperous professional presence in the rental housing industry.
- I, Robot: Overview and Implications of Using AI and Machine Learning in Your Daily Operations
Come join industry professionals Angel Baltimore and Wynter Deagle as they share the business and legal implications of using AI and machine learning in daily operations.
- Finding Your Niche in Rental Housing: Owner/Management
Join our panel of experienced industry professionals as they share their experiences, insightful strategies and practical tips to help you create a rewarding professional legacy in rental housing.
- The Power of Networking
Prepare to shine during any professional occasion by joining our panel of rental housing experts as they discuss the power of networking.
- Thermostat & Temperature Control Solutions for Rental Housing Facilities
As resident demand for green technology increases, property owners and management teams must discover how to maximize energy efficiency and cost savings in your rental property. Enroll in an energy expert’s discussion to find out how to track heating/cooling energy by unit, diagnose cost drivers, set temperature set points and generate billing reports per unit to improve energy consumption.
- 5 Surprising Ways to Increase Your Property’s NOI
Two key pillars of rental housing business operations are keeping residents safe and securing properties while protecting the net operating income (NOI). Join two technology and security experts, as we discuss the evolution of rental housing security, bolstering resident retention, reducing the cost of technological investments and more.
- Mental Health Awareness Week: A Basic Mental Health Guide to Understanding Substance Use
Substance use conversations are likely to focus on common stigmas related to them, but increased awareness around this challenging topic is necessary to properly understand and handle scenarios that can arise. Join our expert as we discuss how to identify key indicators for substance use and recovery, how substance use can affect the workplace and how that impacts the wellbeing of employees.
- Mental Health Awareness Week: Mental Health Literacy, Self-Care and Equity
Let’s increase our awareness and form a better understanding of the impact on historically marginalized communities surrounding mental health challenges and substance use. Connect with us for a transparent discussion about current inequities and how we as individuals, coworkers and community members can better respond to and fill in the gaps in our approach to improving our collective mental wellbeing.
- Mental Health Awareness Week: Burnout and Stress Management for Workplace Wellbeing
Join our expert from the National Council for Mental Wellbeing for a tactical session on the realities of burnout at work. Let’s define the differences between stress and burnout, while identifying key signs and causes of burnout. Discover practical ways to prevent it, support those working through it and help prioritize overall wellbeing.
- Mental Health Awareness Week: Prioritizing Your Own Mental Health
Fostering mental wellness for the workplace creates a distinctive set of challenges for property managers. Join three seasoned property managers as they recount their own journeys and shed light on the mental health tools of the trade including how to become a Certified Mental Health First Aid Instructor, and how it can be used to protect themselves, their colleagues and their workplaces.
- Navigating the Choppy Waters of Florida’s Legal Landscape
Maneuvering policy changes, stakeholders' and renters' satisfaction can be a tall order. Join our panel of NAA and FAA experts as they guide you through an overview of Florida’s rising legal trends in the landlord-tenant arena, such as the passage of Renters Bill of Rights ordinances on the local level and tips to help those operations slowly figure out their way home.
- April is Fair Housing Month: Accessible Design and Construction Requirements for Apartments
Join our speakers as we discuss the importance of accessible design and construction of housing for disabled renters and our industry resources to help you understand your responsibilities.
- April is Fair Housing Month: Fair Housing Nuances – A Watercooler Chat
As the landscape of the Fair Housing Act (FHA) continues to evolve, it is imperative to stay up-to-date on recent trends and legislative outlooks, including Source of Income Laws and areas of the FHA that are key stress points for on- and off-site teams. Join Todd Whitlow and Norm Praet of Brownlee Whitlow & Praet as they share key insights that may help you sleep at night.
- April is Fair Housing Month: Emotional Support Animals – Answers to Common Questions
Unleash the knowledge and confidence you need to navigate renters’ requests for Emotional Support Animals (ESAs).
- Attract & Retain: Boosting Your Occupancy Rates
Successful rental housing properties depend heavily on filling units, reducing resident turnover and maintaining a healthy business income. Join our expert on Tuesday, April 18, as he walks you through how to make the most of your resident turnover time by crafting intriguing listings, identifying the best rental advertising methods and more.
- April is Fair Housing Month: Top Five Fair Housing Follies
Dive into the five most common fair housing compliance issues and find out how to protect yourself and your business from costly consequences.
- Hoarding Disorder: Situations and Solutions for Property Managers
Residents with hoarding disorder may deny onsite staff access, resist cleanup requests and decline to report maintenance issues. Join our panel of experts on Tues., Feb. 28 as they reframe common misconceptions and practices surrounding hoarding disorder with meaningful strategies, outside resources, Fair Housing guidance and how to avoid evictions.
- Clear the Air with Smoke-free Apartments
Smoking is a leading cause of fires and the number one cause of fire fatalities. Join our panel as we discuss a suggested process for converting apartments to smoke-free housing, including policy decisions, enforcement options and tools to help you and your residents with these adjustments.
- NAA’s Top Employers Nomination Training
Join us for an educational webinar where you will learn how to successfully submit your organization for an NAA Top Employers award.
- NAA's Monthly Legislative & Regulatory Update
Don’t make those new years’ resolutions just yet! Wrap up 2022 with the last installment of NAA’s Monthly Legislative & Regulatory Updates. Join us as we hear from special guests from Fannie Mae on news about their programs for rental housing borrowers and much more.
- Virtually Connected: Where People and Tech Harmonize
From massive binders and reams of paper to DocuSign and virtual apartment walk-throughs, technology has shifted the leasing process at warp speed. Yet human interaction remains pivotal. Join our panel of experts as we discuss how to customize the perfect blend of people and tech to satisfy your team and your customers.
- 3 Ways to Renovate Your Rental Housing Marketing Strategy
You could have premier apartment homes, but if prospective residents don’t know you exist, that can spell disaster. Connect with marketing expert, Taylor Fulton on Dec. 15, as he guides us through 3 effective ways to enhance your marketing to attract quality residents.
- 2022 NAA Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Survey Results: Building a Foundation
Events over recent years have dramatically raised the awareness of, and interest in, the topics of diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. Join Jen Piccotti as she shares the results of the 2022 NAA Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Survey, which provides a first step in understanding the current perceptions employees hold regarding DE&I.
- Stay Ready! Rental Housing’s Disaster Preparedness Kit
With the rental housing industry’s growth, the need to create and fortify disaster management strategies that counter the weather forecast becomes paramount. Join expert Nathan Normoyle as we explore past disaster management experiences, current risk factors to your apartment community, strategies to minimize damage and more.
- Fair Housing: An IRO's Blueprint to Emotional Support Animals
Resident complaints can come in all shapes, sizes and species. Join our experts as we discuss basic fair housing practices, learn about the changes to housing providers’ responsibilities according to HUD Guidance and examine state laws on reasonable accommodation requests for emotional support animals.
- The Top 5 Tech Amenities for Today’s Renters
Demand for rental housing is only increasing, with new renters insistent on tech solutions and amenities that provide peace of mind. Join expert, Rebecca Peterson as she walks us through the changing technological environment and how to transition to smart tech amenities.
- Cracking Down on Synthetic Fraud
Fraudsters work overtime to access your sensitive information. Learn how identity theft, synthetic fraud and how to protect your company.
- Building a Foundation for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Events over recent years have dramatically raised the awareness of, and interest in, the topics of diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. Join Jen Piccotti and Camron Shelton to learn some initial insights gained from the 2022 NAA Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Survey.
- Leadership's Role in Promoting Workplace Inclusivity
The negative emotions associated with being excluded in social settings can be difficult to resolve. Join Ebony Butler as we discuss ways to promote inclusion, cultivate belonging for all and demonstrate leadership’s pivotal role in creating safe and encouraging spaces for employees.
- Unmasking Microaggressions
Snap judgments are easy to make, but microaggressions may negatively impact your interactions within the rental housing industry. Join Dr. Ryan Wagner as we learn how to identify, mitigate and cope with microaggressions.
- Creating a Standard: Supporting a Multi-Generational Workforce
Individuals from different generations often have mutually beneficial perspectives on work and the world. Join Lorri Oliver and Jesse Miller as we learn how to create a standard for and enhance your company’s unified and inclusive company culture by confronting ageism and building bridges amongst every generation in your workplace.
- Incident Reporting: The Property Manager’s Survival Guide
Having an action plan for incident reporting can offer property managers, regional managers and other onsite teams’ peace-of-mind and legitimate protections. Join our panel of legal experts as they explore the ins and outs of the incident-reporting process and share best practices you should take when incidents occur.
- Strategies for Achieving Zero Energy in Multifamily Buildings
Hear expert guidance for how organizations can pursue various strategies to achieve zero-energy multifamily buildings.
- The Housing Advocacy Landscape IRO 2022
Hear the latest legislative information on issues impacting the rental housing industry.
- Give Back & Get Back
Learn how implementing a giving program will help impact and strengthen your core business.
- Navigating the Ins & Outs of Data Privacy
Get the latest rundown on data privacy laws going into effect in 2023.
- How Do I DE&I?
Find out the five things you must get right to jump start your DEI program.
- Leadership at All Levels - Moxy vs Mastery
There is no one right way to lead your team or organization, but evolving by learning from each other, old and new, can create a more effective way to lead for all.
- APTVision: H2O Leaks, Tweaks & Flood Detection
Don’t let a drip become a flood! Join industry leader, Don Millstein, as he walks through the best practices for leak detection, flood prevention and risk mitigation.
- NAA Emotional Support Animal & Accessibility Toolkits - Virtual Kickoff
Join us as NAA announces the release of two important, fair housing resources for its members!
- Unconventional Trailblazers: Creating Leadership Pathways (RPM Careers Week)
Learn how to create a people-centric culture.
- Selling Yourself: Develop Your Personal Brand
Do you want to stand out from the crowd? Take one hour to put your dreams in focus, the only thing standing in your way is you!
- Optimizing Collections
Collections are a constantly changing and evolving field.
- Leadership, Change or Get Out of the Way!
Learn about the challenges leaders face today and solid techniques to produce results.
- DE&I Strategy: How It Will Attract and Retain Your Employees
Learn how to create a DE&I strategy to meet your objectives and measure the strategy over time.
- Mental Health Awareness Week: Tools for COPING Thursday—How to Cope and Manage Onsite Challenges
Onsite teams encounter many daily challenges to maintaining their mental health. From pet regulations to plumbing disasters and residents who lose their cool, onsite teams must face each issue with a strategic mind and calm disposition. Even the best property managers need help sometimes. Join us as we wrap up NAA’s Mental Health Awareness Week by exploring coping tools for maintaining mental wellness and sustaining property-manager roles over time.
- Mental Health Awareness Week: Mitigating BURNOUT Wednesday—Burnout Happens, Self-Care Can Help
Do you or others you know describe stress as your “new normal”? Then join licensed clinician, Amelia Roeschlein, DSW, MA, LMFT, as we share innovative strategies of self-care. These strategies can be implemented immediately to safeguard, support and manage staff and colleagues through difficult emotions and challenging times.
- Mental Health Awareness Week: Responding to TRAUMA Tuesday—The Impact of Trauma & How to Become Resilient
Trauma is a person’s emotional response to a distressing experience. Resilience, on the other hand, is the ability to adapt to trauma, tragedy and stress. Join Dr. Laura Leone of the National Council for Mental Wellbeing as we explore trauma-informed techniques that support and build resilience in the face of traumatic experiences.
- Mental Health Awareness Week: Handling MAINTENANCE STRESS Monday—Regulating Stress in Times of Crisis
When crisis strikes for maintenance teams, panic sets in and fatigue and burnout are soon to follow. Join our hosts, Paul Rhodes and Chris Caramanica, senior maintenance professionals, and Elizabeth Guroff, a mental-health expert with the National Council for Mental Wellbeing. Together, we will discuss the impact that crisis has on our brains, plus strategies for self-regulation as part of building our compassion resilience.
- Interrupting Unconscious Bias to Create High Performing Teams
Discover practical strategies to interrupt implicit biases in the workplace.
- ApartmentVision: Secrets to a Successful Painting Project
Rental property owners know that a paint job is more than waiting for the walls to dry. Join us as we add a fresh coat of understanding and reveal the secrets to achieving a successful painting project from beginning to end, primers to stubstrate coatings.
- Decrypting ESG Program Standards and Risk Mitigation
Good corporate citizenship comes with a short-term price, but long-term benefits. Strategic Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) programs are topical commodities for investors and insurance companies, so join us as we unlock the most effective approaches for building ESG programs and risk mitigation.
- Rolling Out the Welcome Mat: Rethinking Pet-Related Restrictions
Pet restrictions regarding breed, weight and age aren't always necessary, and they're likely impairing your ability to attract and retain residents. A panel of experts will detail the benefits experienced by operators who reduce or eliminate restrictions, such as increased renter demand, increased renewal rates and sharp upticks in pet revenue.
- The Aftershock of COVID-19: Generational Impacts on the Multifamily Industry
The 2020-2021 pandemic has brought once-in-a-lifetime disruptions to the rental housing industry, featuring major demographic shifts across markets. What does this mean for property owners and operators? A panel of leading industry researchers and practitioners explains.
- Compliance and Visibility: The Insurance Power Couple
In the ever-growing world of proptech, operators are seeking solutions that deliver the greatest ROI. But what about best-in-breed technologies that actually pay for themselves? This webinar brings together three executives who have implemented efficiency and compliance-focused technologies and reaped the financial benefits twice over.
- ApartmentVision: The Refreshed State of Rental Housing
The real estate industry has entered a brand-new world. Over the past 18 months, the industry has undergone radically new and unusual challenges, original and unforeseen opportunities, sharply shifting demand fluctuations and different places and methods of working. In this webinar, learn how to embrace these newfound opportunities in real estate.
- NAA’s Mental and Emotional Health Survey: Challenges Facing Today’s Workforce
The growing crisis of employee burnout and record-breaking turnover in the rental-housing industry prompted the National Apartment Association’s study to identify the status of employee mental and emotional wellbeing, the impact on personal and professional responsibilities, and the support employers currently provide. In this webinar, the analysis of NAA’s Mental and Emotional Health Survey conducted by Swift Bunny will be revealed.
- How to Prepare for the New Millennial Majority
Learn about the largest generational cohort in the US, the Millennials, and their impact on the rental housing industry.
- ApartmentVision: Banking Connectivity Solutions for a Remote Environment
Banking innovations in technology and automation have become top shelf necessities in rental housing due to the demand for connectivity solutions for a remote environment. Learn how to simplify banking across your properties with automation and technology today.
- How to Speak Maintenance: 5 Things Your Maintenance Team Wish You Understood
Maintenance is where the rubber meets the road. However, sometimes is seems like maintenance is from Mars and management is from Venus! This leads to mis-understandings, mis-communications, and sometimes even resignations. Discover tips about building a better relationship with your maintenance team.
- How to Build a Magnetic Culture: Attract, Engage, & Retain Top Talent in a New World of Work
Employees in the rental-housing industry have witnessed significant change since the start of the pandemic—which has no doubt impacted their engagement and performance. Anne Maltese, Director of People Insights, will share new research from Quantum Workplace that explores critical employee engagement and retention trends impacting businesses today.
- Leading the Diverse, Multigenerational Workforce: Lessons from the U.S. Military
In this Veterans Day-themed webinar, hear from Command Sergeant Major (retired) Patrick Z. Alston, Senior Fellow for the National Defense University’s Capstone and Keystone programs, as he covers how to work in a diverse footprint, while leading and mentoring a 21st-century clientele.
- Open Enrollment: NAA Insurance Center Webinar
It’s open enrollment season and NAA Insurance Center has you covered from healthcare to HR benefits. Learn how NAA Insurance Center can work for you.
- What’s in Your Maintenance Toolbox? - The Hidden Secret to Your NOI
Property owners, independent rental owners, managers, and maintenance team: Learn in 20 minutes the top five key maintenance areas to make significant impact on your revenue, plus keep residents and team members happier.
- Modernize Your Security Options & Increase Safety
The human eye can only catch so much. With the help of technological advancements, artificial intelligence (AI) and remote video guarding you can modernize your security option and increase safety. Join Marc Silverman and Jason Mattingly as they explain the benefits of remote video guarding and smart cameras.
- Diversity & Inclusion Awareness Week: Storytelling –An Innovative Approach to Bridging the Parallel Reality of DEI
The “Great Pause” of 2020 revealed that most of our biases exist in a “Parallel Reality.” As a result, we are discovering that it is impossible to change what we do not understand. This dynamic and engaging one-hour webinar is designed to examine and discuss an innovative approach to moving beyond our biases and to understanding how to promote diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces.
- Diversity & Inclusion Awareness Week: Become an Ally Tuesday
Are you struggling with how to best show up as an ally to diverse groups in the rental-housing industry? As Maya Angelou said, “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” Join Marci French learn about to become a better ally in the workplace.
- NAA & NMHC Policy Briefing: FEMA National Flood Insurance Program Risk Rating 2.0
FEMA is updating the NFIP risk rating methodology through the implementation of a new pricing methodology called Risk Rating 2.0 – Equity in Action, set to take effect on October 1, 2021, for any new NFIP policy issued and for those renewing on or after April 1, 2022.
- Diversity & Inclusion Awareness Week: DE&I as a Forethought: Practical Insights & Strategies for Leaders
Through a highly engaging, forward-thinking program, leaders will understand how the practice of DEI empowers leaders to build & cultivate consciously inclusive & equitable cultures through renewed mindset, attitude, behaviors, & action. Learn more about how DEI benefits your organization and identify how to overcome roadblocks along the way.
- Diversity & Inclusion Awareness Week: How NAA Members are Taking Action to Create Inclusive Workplaces
Many organizations wish to foster a diverse and inclusive workforce, but don’t know where to start. In this webinar, you will hear from four leaders in the rental-housing industry as they describe the planning, programs and progress of their organizations to achieve this imperative. This webinar is intended as a panel discussion to be very interactive and a forum for all your questions.
- The State of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in NAA Member Organizations
T. H. Easter Consulting will review the findings of the DE&I survey they recently conducted among our members and share an evidenced-based approach for making DE&I a reality in organizations.
- EVs at Apartments: Navigating Technology Trends and Implementation
Join industry owners/managers and experts in exploring the demand for EVs at rental-housing properties and understanding how EVs are part of a comprehensive energy strategy.
- Real Recognition™ in the Rental Housing Industry: The Power to Motivate Your Employees
Property owners, developers, and managers: Discover how giving meaningful, frequent, and effective recognition transforms people’s lives and elevates their performance.
- Leading with a Growth Mindset
Learn about personal branding, resiliency and the mindset and skills needed to be a successful and agile leader.
- ApartmentVision: Create a Renter Journey with Tech-Driven Leasing
Self-guided tours have been a game changer throughout the pandemic, but is this an enduring solution for the ever-evolving demands of renters, property owners and operators? Find out key insights for tech-driven challenges and solutions.
- Creating Meaningful and Sustainable DE&I Programs: Not Just “Checking the Box”
As the national discussion on diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) continues, companies must focus on creating meaningful and sustainable programs that develop initiatives, metrics and policies that do more than just check the DE&I boxes.
- Lessons Learned from the Surfside Condo Collapse
Hear from two engineering experts and ask questions on how your organization can reduce the likelihood of having a similar destructive event that, like Surfside, could have been prevented.
- Showing Love: Resident Engagement and Appreciation from COVID-19 and Beyond
Learn the latest examples from the pandemic for celebrating residents, fostering engagement, increasing retention, and enhancing a sense of community.
- ApartmentVision: It’s Leasing Season – Is Your Business Protected from Fraud?
Few things have weathered this pandemic, but 95% of property management companies have trouble identifying or preventing fraud. Learn how to protect yourself and shed light on fraud.
- Find Your Dream Career as an Independent Rental Owner
Learn about the career opportunities available as an Independent Rental Owner.
- Diversify Your Mindset: A 360-Degree View for Diversity & Inclusion within Rental Housing
Learn how to take a 360-degree view – encompassing new hires, staff, leadership, peers, suppliers, and residents – to create effectively diverse and inclusive workplaces in rental housing.
- Apartment and Energy Providers Meet the Moment Together
What are the most promising energy-related opportunities and how can the two industries better collaborate to capture them?
- Illumination Proclamation – A Fireside Chat about Disability and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Disabled does not mean unable. Learn how disability fits in the discussion of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Level Up Your Virtual Training: Best Practices for Your Virtual Session Success!
This webinar is packed full of best practices that you can implement immediately to maximize impact of your future virtual trainings.
- Doing the Right Thing: Cultivating an LGBTQ+ Workplace
Our society’s rapidly changing social make-up is creating an educational opportunity for the rental housing industry to learn how to bridge gaps between races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and overall classifications.
- Debt Collection and Consumer Reporting During COVID-19: What You Need to Know!
Enhance your understanding of debt collection and consumer reporting laws that have arisen from this public-health emergency, while optimizing your organization’s recovery practices.
- Stress Mastery: From Feeling Stuck to Feeling Free
Learn to use stress as a lens to see your current reality and the true cost of resisting changes you really desire.
- 5 Ways to Increase Resident Retention with Enhanced Communication
With all so many concerns, property management companies are seeking tech solutions that replace traditional messaging and communication systems. Register today to learn 5 key ways to increase your resident retention.
- Words Matter - Navigating and Understanding Diversity Terms and Phrases
Your words matter. Learn to navigate and understand diversity terms and phrases to avoid negative interactions and create more positive conversations.
- Mindfulness Techniques: Embrace the Present Moment
Learn about mindset, mindfulness practices, and affirmations and how these techniques together can allow you to embrace the atmosphere around you in a different way.
- Successful Key Management Policy in 2021: Protecting People, Places and Profit
Explore how to ensure industry compliance and customer satisfaction through key management policies that protect employees, residents and your financial position, regardless of property size, in 2021.
- Celebrating Black History Month in Rental Housing
We will celebrate Black History Month by celebrating Black leaders and their contributions to rental housing. We will showcase success stories and highlight challenges black professionals face as we continue to build on these achievements to create a more inclusive workplace.
- Battling the Pandemic: The Impact of Vaccines on Apartment Employees
The COVID-19 vaccine rollout means that the rental housing industry apartment communities will have decisions to make regarding their approach to vaccine policies.
- The Path Forward: Building Community through Hybrid Amenity Spaces
In the latest ApartmentVision Webinar, learn strategies for managing amenity spaces, activating programming and strengthening community ties within apartment communities moving forward.
- The Value of Green Leasing
Hear from multifamily organizations about their experiences leveraging green leases to engage commercial tenants in their energy efficiency goals. You will learn about resources from DOE’s Green Lease Leaders program and the Urban Land Institute that can help your company pursue high-performance status for your multifamily properties.
- GART Presents: NAA Leaders Take on the Greatest Legislative Threats to The Industry Join us as we kick off the 2021 GART Virtual Learning Series with an esteemed panel of industry leaders as they share their diverse perspectives on the biggest legislative, regulatory and legal threats to the management and development of rental housing.
- 2020 IRO Summit Presented by Yardi
Join us for this exclusive update just for Independent Rental Owners (IROs).
- Preparing for the Top 2021 Marketing Trends
In the latest ApartmentVision Webinar, learn why it’s important for your marketing strategy to be localized.
- Vendor Discussion – Grow Your Revenue through Supplier Diversity
Learn how supplier diversity can bring value to your organization.
- Turn Resident Challenges Into Solutions They’ll Tell Their Friends About
Our residents' new reality is full of challenges no one could have foreseen. However, for every problem, there is an opportunity for a solution, and that solution is one that only YOU can provide to your residents. Let’s discuss the solutions we want our residents to tell their friends about.
- Multiculturalism in Rental Housing
With a perpetually changing property management landscape, it is more important than ever to be the first to understand how to navigate the multicultural demographic shift.
- Five Must-Do Project Steps for Industry Professionals
Whether you’re looking to redecorate a model apartment or add amenities, you need a plan and the tools to get it done and done right the first time.
- GART Presents: Eviction Moratoria, Advocacy Strategies and Insights
A discussion of advocacy strategies and introduction of new NAA research to help government affairs professional and association staff improve the effectiveness of your eviction-related advocacy.
- Inclusive Communities Improve Resident Living Experiences
We know that inclusive communities have a major impact on the lived experiences of those who call our communities home. Inclusive communities create a space where residents feel valued, safe and understood.
- Leadership in an Era of Social Turbulence
Social turbulence is a necessary evil of societal growth. Take the first steps in understanding how social turbulence affects your business and how your organization can be successful through diversity and inclusion.
- GART Presents: Forming Non-Traditional Partnerships During COVID-19
The second installment of the GART Virtual Learning Series delves into the power of relationships and stakeholder engagement.
- GART Presents: Crafting a Rental Assistance Program During the COVID-19 Crisis
Attend the 2020 Government Affairs Roundtable (GART) Virtual Learning Series. During the first session, we will explore how to optimize federal, state and local funding sources and implement a successful rental assistance program. These programs should support both renters and housing providers who rely on these funds equally.
- Forging a Path Forward to Becoming a Diverse, Equitable and Inclusive Organization
People are ready for real action, not only in our homes, but also in our workplaces. Creating equity and fostering diversity and inclusion in company cultures will mean the difference between a company’s new beginning or demise.
- Diversity Equity Inclusion: Implications for Managing Diverse Teams
In this webinar, Dr. Robert Crouch, will discuss how diversity, equity and inclusion are important guidelines for leaders and rental housing professionals to follow.
- Short Term Rentals in a Post-Pandemic World
As we continue to cope with this pandemic, the world continues to evolve with this ever-changing landscape. Join us for the latest innovations in rental housing hospitality, specifically on short-term rentals.
- 5 Surprising Lockdown Behaviors to Bring Back to the Office
With lockdown restrictions lifting, it is imperative for all employees to apply the lessons learned while working remotely. This webinar, “Five Surprising Lockdown Behaviors to Bring Back to the Office” will provide employees with a blueprint of efficiency to follow upon their return.
- Renters and The Pandemic: An Inside Look at the Resident Experience
With the ever-changing definition of “business as usual,” insights are critical to build new strategies to attract and retain renters. This webinar uncovers how expectations have changed for renters due to the pandemic. The National Apartment Association will also present recent findings from its monthly owner/operator survey.
- Working with Loan Servicers During the COVID-19 Emergency
COVID-19’s impacts on our industry continue to be dramatic. Housing providers are looking at all potential scenarios for managing the financial health of their properties.
- The COVID-19 Pandemic: Assessing Impacts on The Economy, Household Sentiment and the Apartment Market
The coronavirus pandemic has profoundly impacted all aspects of daily life in the U.S. Join us for an in-depth webinar presentation that will explore the outlook for the U.S. economy, household behavior, market-level performance and key findings from a recent NAA survey.
- Tax Resources for Weathering the COVID-19 Emergency
Recently enacted laws provide rental housing providers access to resources through the tax code that can help them preserve their business, retain employees and be better positioned for success once the COVID-19 emergency passes.
- Human Trafficking in Rental Housing
Human trafficking in the rental housing industry is an important issue and it’s our goal to bring awareness and best practices for our members.
- What Employers Should Be Considering During the Coronavirus Pandemic
NAA is pleased to offer a webinar aimed to provide much-needed guidance for rental housing professionals during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Managing Mold: An Overview of NAA's Newly Revised Mold Action Toolkit
NAA released an updated version of the NAA Mold Action Toolkit, A Best Practice for Owners & Managers. This document contains a compilation of resources from NAA, government agencies and private contributors that will assist your company in managing mold issues at your apartment communities.
- Coronavirus Outbreak: What Real Estate Managers Need to Know
Join managers from both rental housing and commercial management for a live panel discussion on addressing the spread of the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and developing policies and procedures around this infectious disease.
- Vacation Rentals for IROs
Do you want to know the secret to successfully own, operate and market a vacation rental for maximum profit? In this webinar, learn how to properly select your market, how to advertise the property and how to keep it full booked and operational.
- Renters Count: The Apartment Industry and the 2020 Census
Learn how you can help promote responses to the 2020 Census from audiences that are historically less likely to respond. When renters are undercounted, as they have been historically, they lose out on critical funding opportunities that can have a positive impact in their lives.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Be A Part of the Solution
We hear a lot about diversity and inclusion, but how can it apply to you? Understanding how you became the person you are today and how this influences the way you think and act is the first step.
- Industry Essentials Webinar
NAA hosted a webinar with by Alex Jackiw, CAPS, CPM that features trends affecting rental housing, economic threats and a real estate outlook for 2025.
- Don’t Get Eaten by Sharks: Litigation Avoidance
Are your policies and practices the best they can be? Don’t miss out on the opportunity to learn best practices on how to avoid litigation.