Credential Program Synopsis
Earning CAS allows you to network with your peers from other companies, learn about the benefits and activities your local apartment association offers and engage in apartment association meetings and events. The course is an opportunity for suppliers to hear the everyday challenges faced by apartment-manager customers.
You'll learn about:
- Applicant screening, leasing contracts, and move-ins
- Rent collection, lease renewal, the move-out process, lease termination, and eviction
- Property management systems and their functions
- How community managers create a positive fair housing environment
- Minimizing risk through inspections, preventative maintenance, safety programs, and documentation
- Addressing property and environmental hazards and crime
- Analyzing property financial operations and underperformance
- Monitoring property performance to achieve an owner's investment goals
- Maximizing net operating income
CAS Online Completion Instructions
To obtain the CAS credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Complete the Supplier Success Course
- Employment within the apartment industry in a supplier position
- Successful completion of all CAS coursework (totaling 26 hours)
- Pass the CAS exam within six (6) months of declaring candidacy
Choose Your Program
Courses may be taken as standalone seminars or in full to earn the industry credential. NAAEI credential programs are scheduled by local and state affiliates.
NOTE: If you are a CAM credential holder who would like to earn the CAS credential, you do not need to complete the CAS coursework or pass the CAS exam.
To obtain CAS in addition to your CAM, you will need to:
- enroll in CAS on the NAA website
- pay a $75 fee
- take the Supplier Success course.
Find a course at your local and state affiliate.
You can also earn your CAS credential online on a schedule that works for you.
About the CAS Exam
Don't Forget to Claim Your Digital Badge!
Once you have earned the CAS credential, you will receive an email from [email protected] with an invitation to claim your Digital Badge, which allows you to market yourself as an apartment professional with valuable skills.
Renewing your CAS Credential
The CAS credential requires annual renewal based on the anniversary date of completion. Submission of both annual CAS dues of $100 and documentation of three hours of continuing education credits should be submitted to complete the annual CAS renewal.
For more information about the Certified Apartment Supplier program, contact NAAEI at 703-518-6141 or your state or local affiliate.