Independent Rental Owners (IRO)
What is an Independent Rental Owner (IRO)?
NAA defines an Independent Rental Owner (IRO) as an individual or individuals that own or manage rental properties, and are actively involved, from an ownership perspective, in the management of their properties.
Main Characteristics of Independent Rental Owners (IRO)
- They have their own money invested in the property
- They are actively involved in the management of their properties
- Watch the Video: Benefits of Joining the NAA Network
View a webinar that provides a deep dive into trending fair housing issues affecting the industry, including reasonable accommodation requests for emotional support animals, occupancy standards and resident screening (including criminal and eviction history). Learn about the resources NAA has to offer to help face any challenge. View the webinar.
Formulating a winning strategy to maximize ROI doesn’t require reinventing the wheel. There are many ways to increase rent, ancillary services and reduce costs to maximize income. This panel represents years of experience in the apartment industry who have gone through selective upgrades, complete rehabs and operational cost reductions. View the webinar to hear about successes, lessons learned and new programs for IRO’s to take advantage of. Speakers include: Victoria Cowart, CPM, CAPS Candidate, Vice President of Property Management, Darby Development Co. Steve Ross, Vice President, Bob Ross Realty Jerry Winograd, President, Judwin Realty Group Julia Emerson, Director, Hillcroft Group LLC. View the webinar.
NAA, with AppFolio, recently presented a webinar, Hire Right the First Time, which explored and provided important information on:
- How to write a successful recruitment ad
- How to structure an interview
- High impact interview questions
- How to conduct a reference check
View the webinar and gain insightful information.
The Independent Rental Owner Professional (IROP) credential program is offered to the rental owner who manages personally-held multifamily property or properties.
NAA’s new discount products and services program is guaranteed to provide substantial savings for Independent Rental Owner (IRO) members.
- Employment Handbook
- Policies and Procedures Manual- Maintenence
- Policies and Procedures Manual- Personnel & Payroll
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Acquisition Due Diligence Checklist
- Affiliate Marketing Strategies
- How to Set Up and Run and IROC Program
- Bed Bug Documents
You also have the opportunity to communicate with your peers and gain a wealth of industry knowledge! Join the conversation today.